|Вакансія «Головний експерт з питань міжвідомчої співпраці і місцевого економічного розвитку»|
|Title||Senior Expert in Intergovernmental Cooperation and Economic Development|
|Program:||Partnership for Local Economic Development and Democratic Governance|
|Start date:||February 15, 2018|
|Type of Employment||Full-time position with 40 working hours per week|
The Ukraine Partnership for Local Economic Development and Democratic Governance Program (PLEDDG) is a development program funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) – that Federation of Canadian Municipalities will implement from 2015 till 2020. The FCM is the national voice for Canadian municipal government. FCM is dedicated to improving the quality of life in all communities by promoting strong, effective and accountable municipal governments.
The PLEDDG Program aims to strengthen Ukraine’s municipal sector by increasing capacities in sixteen (16) cities to advance local democracy and economic development, by creating a more enabling local environment for small and medium enterprise development, and by facilitating decentralization of authorities and integrated development planning at the local, regional and national level. More about PLEDDG at http://pleddg.org.ua/ua/
Under the general direction of the Senior Governance Advisor and Project Director, the Senior Expert in Intergovernmental Cooperation and Economic Development will work in direct collaboration with members of the Ukraine-based PLEDDG team in Kyiv and in consultation with the PLEDDG project team based in Ottawa and various Canadian consultants and volunteers.
The individual will also work in partnership with Ukrainian and Canadian partners to ensure that methodologies and activities are implemented to support local government capacity building in a number of Ukrainian cities under the auspices of the PLEDDG Program. Although within the context of the project team, he/she should be able to work independently and be willing to use the skills, experience and understanding of local government development dynamics in Ukraine to effect change at the local level.
As an employee of FCM, the individual will protect its integrity, reputation and support its role as a global leader in international cooperation aimed at strengthening local capacities and enhancing governance.
The individual will have a number of specific responsibilities, including:
- providing an advisory role to representatives from partner cities in Ukraine on issues related to LED, including training and professional development, stakeholder engagement, inter-municipal cooperation, investment attraction, etc.;
- developing and maintaining regular liaisons with project partners and serving as an interlocutor for the provision of services from other consultants and service providers associated with project activities;
- providing regular reviews of existing economic development opportunities and challenges in the local governance reform, in particular as related to project national stakeholders;
- maintaining an understanding of the activities of national and regional investment agencies, agencies responsible for in-service training of LG officials, etc. in order to develop better opportunities for training and professional development, investment and trade for LG officials and staff;
- working with representatives from the Association of Ukrainian Cities to improve their policy and advocacy work, enhance AUC’s capacities to provide better services to their members, provide for better knowledge management and best practices dissemination, improve municipal statistics, conduct analytical research, etc. associated with LED initiatives;
- working in cooperation with the Manager on Communications and Knowledge Management and FCM´s Knowledge Management Unit to develop learning products (training materials, publications, etc.) associated with the project;
- organizing (in cooperation with local and national partners) a number of different activities, including training workshops, intergovernmental forums, study tours and other events for PLEDDG partners;
- identifying and building formal and informal partnerships with key national stakeholders in the program relevant to local government reform and LED;
- maintaining a working relationship with representatives of other donor funded projects to ensure knowledge sharing and coordination of efforts related to LED and other project activities (investment attraction, training, women empowerment, environmental sustainability, etc.);
- contributing to project monitoring and reporting and providing overall analysis of performance, challenges and dynamics associated with local governance reform and LED efforts; and
- performing other duties as assigned by the Senior Governance Advisor and/or PLEDDG Project Director that are consistent with the overall scope of the position.
- Strong knowledge of processes and tools associated with local governance and intergovernmental cooperation (investment attraction, training and professional development, inter-municipal cooperation, policy, decentralization, best practices, local government association capacity building, etc.).
- University degree in politics, public administration and/or economics.
- Strong mentoring and advisory skills related to capacity building efforts.
- A minimum of five (5) years working in a local government development position within the context of an international assistance project.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to communicate with national and local stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of activities.
- Good communication and writing skills in both Ukrainian and English.
- Knowledge of donor-funded activities in Ukraine related to local governments and LED would be an asset.
In order to apply for this position, please provide a cover letter and CV with “PLEDDG Senior Expert in Intergovernmental Cooperation and Economic Development” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 29, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.