13 projects were selected at the Call for Short-term Gender Initiatives Funding aimed at enhancing women’s involvement in local economic development in the member communities of the Association of Ukrainian Cities. The winners were selected by the contest commission during an online meeting.
The winning projects were selected to eliminate gender-based discrimination in the labor market; expand economic opportunities for women; facilitate women’s entrepreneurship; reduce unemployment of women; increasing women’s participation in decision-making at the local level.
Here is the list of the winners:
- NGO I am Buchanets with the project I am Buchanka;
- NGO Communities Development Center “Ide Action. Result” with the project Economic Development of Vyzhnytsya Territorial Community Through the Involvement of Active Women and Girls;
- NGO Oseredok Zmin with the project Women’s Business Camp on the Development of Green Tourism in the Sataniv ATC.
- NGO Chyste Dovkillia Zaporizhzhia with the project Platform of Training Programs to Increase Women’s Participation in the Work of Apartment Building Co-Owner Associations in Melitopol;
- NGO Zelene Myslennia with the project Training Women to Sell Greenhouse Vegetables via the Internet to Expand the Economic Opportunities for Women of Stanytsia Luhanska Village;
- CO Light of Hope with the project Increasing the Influence of Women in the Advancement of Local Economic Development as a Guarantee of Successful Implementation of Gender Policy in Poltava”;
- Pervomaisk Women’s and Youth Information and Coordination Center Olviya with the project Assistance to Women of the City of Pervomaisk who have Suffered from Domestic and Gender-Based Violence”
- NGO Kharkiv Regional Gender Resource Center with the project Gender Audit of the Urban Space;
- NGO Stylni Pannochky with the project Women’s Entrepreneurship – the Future is Near;
- CO All-Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS Lviv with the project Social Enterprise “Training and Production Center “Sewing Factory”
- NGO Council of Women’s Initiatives with the project Psychological Support of Women Through Increasing the Capacity of Centers for Social Services
- NGO All-Ukrainian Democratic Action with the project Institute of Gender Commissioners as a Mechanism for the Development of a Socially-Oriented Community;
- NGO Informatsiyno-Pravovyi Tsentr “Zakhyst Prava na Informatsiyu” with the project Gender and Local Self-Government.
One of the activities of the PLEDDG is to increase the role of women in leadership positions in local governments and expand their participation in economic development. Supporting the implementation of gender initiatives at the local level contributes to rapid positive change, as such projects take into account the specific needs and traits of a community and solve specific existing problems.